Friday, April 19, 2013
Notes on AFC North's 2013 schedule
By Jamison Hensley
Tip of the hat to the always outstanding ESPN Stats & Information team for putting together some notes about the 2013 schedule:
- Hardest strength of schedule of any 2012 playoff team (.535 opponents win percentage).
- 2012 playoff rematches against Broncos (Week 1) and Patriots (Week 16), although the game against New England is in Baltimore this time.
- Face the Steelers on "Monday Night Football" in Week 2. Cincinnati has lost 10 of 13 MNF games.
- Second-most difficult schedule in December (.575 opponents win percentage).
- Three-game homestand from Weeks 4 to 6 (Bengals, Bills, Lions) and three of final four games are on the road.
- Face the Steelers in Week 17 for fourth straight season (0-3 in previous three seasons)
- Bye in Week 5 (this is the third time in last 4 seasons they’ve had their bye in Week 5 or earlier)
- Face the Browns in final game of regular season for fourth straight season (17-2 in last 19 games against the Browns)