Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Browns links: More wrong turns
By Jamison Hensley
A look at what's happening on the Cleveland Browns' beat:
- Wide receiver Greg Little returned home from the loss in Baltimore and was cited by police early Monday morning for three traffic violations in a single stop, according to The Plain Dealer. This is the third time he’s been cited since April.
- Injured right guard Shawn Lauvao was involved in a single-vehicle accident Monday morning, The Akron Beacon Journal reported. Lauvao was heading to the team’s training facility when he went the wrong way on a ramp closed for construction. He tried to turn around and went over a curb and an embankment, according to the report. A team spokesman told the paper that no alcohol was involved and Lauvao wasn't injured.
- Wide receiver Josh Gordon, who returned from a two-game suspension, confirmed Monday that he's facing a banishment from the NFL for at least a year if he violates the substance-abuse policy again. "I think that's what it is," he told The Plain Dealer. "I believe so."
- If you want to find hope with the Browns, Vic Carucci of the team's official website suggests you look at the defense. "More specifically, the front seven in which the team’s new leadership made its biggest investment in talent to go along with the hiring of defensive coordinator Ray Horton," Carucci wrote. "Based on what they’ve shown in the last two weeks, they have the makings of a dominant group."
- Rookie outside linebacker Barkevious Mingo played 35 percent of the Browns' defensive snaps (25 of 63) in his NFL regular-season debut, according to The Akron Beacon Journal.