Reading the coverage: Gauging the Colts' momentum
January, 2, 2009
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Heading to San Diego this morning, but you might still find some posts trickling out while I travel.
Some morning headlines for you:
- Gary Kubiak wants offensive improvements to start with a better turnover margin at quarterback, writes John McClain.
- Steve Slaton had 508 yards rushing in December, which got him the NFL's offensive rookie of the month, says McClain.
- John Finkel writes about Mario Williams for Muscle & Fitness magazine.
- A look back at a crazy season for the Colts, by Phil Richards who counted 19 knee surgeries.
- Feisty Philip Rivers is ready to take on the Colts again, writes Phillip B. Wilson.
- Peyton Manning learns if he's MVP today, as Wilson looks at his competition.
- Dan Federkeil is expected to start at right guard in San Diego, says Richards.
- San Diego has done things the hard way, writes Richards.
- Dominic Rhodes is wearing a winning-streak beard, writes Mike Chappell.
- Pressure on Rivers is crucial for the Colts, says Tom James.
- It's hard to gauge momentum as the playoffs start, writes James.
- Dallas Clark ranks as one of the biggest unsung heroes in the league, according to Adam Schein.
- All is quiet with those who cover the Jags.