Reading the coverage: Dungy retrospectives
January, 13, 2009
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
- The Texans talk to Alex Gibbs' son about their open defensive backs coach job, says John McClain.
- Tony Dungy retires, and Mike Chappell's story gets top billing.
- Bob Kravitz says Dungy won the right way.
- Here's the Indianapolis Star's special report page, with a bunch of links.
- Jim Caldwell is a great unknown, writes Justin A. Cohn.
- More on Dungy from some national folks: Rick Gosselin in the Dallas Morning News; Sally Jenkins in the Washington Post; Thomas George at NFL.com; Brad Biggs in his Chicago Sun-Times blog.
- The Jaguars reconfigure their front office, writes Vito Stellino.
- Kerry Collins is confident he's a starter and Jeff Fisher says he hopes the free agent will continue to start for the Titans, says Jim Wyatt.
- Kevin Mawae will have surgery and miss the Pro Bowl, and Chris Johnson may not be able to play either, according to The Tennessean's notebook.
- Wyatt and Gary Estwick talk Titans.
- Jeff Fisher says the bye week didn't have a bearing on the Titans' playoff ouster, says Estwick.
- Punter Craig Hentrich will consider retiring, according to Wyatt.
- A couple looks at Jim Schwartz's visit to Detroit: Tom Kowalski on mlive.com and Tom Wojnowski at detnews.com.