In NFL coaching ranks and front offices, people in the family business can often end up working with, or for, dad.
In light of Houston Chronicle reporter John McClain's report that the Texans are looking at David Gibbs, son of assistant head coach Alex Gibbs, for defensive backs coach, I thought it would be interesting to look at family connections in the AFC South.
Here's what I came up with. I am sure you'll let me know if I missed anybody.
- Vice chairman Cal McNair is owner Bob McNair's son and vice president of security Ryan Reichert is McNair's son-in-law.
- Vice president Casey Coyle Irsay is owner Jim Irsay's daughter.
- Vice president of football operations Chris Polian is son of president Bill Polian.
- Defensive assistant Bill Teerlinck is the son of defensive line coach John Teerlinck.
- Regional scout Chris Prescott is the son of senior vice president/CFO Bill Prescott.
- Kenneth Adams, the administrative assistant to the senior executive president and general counsel, is the grandson of owner Bud Adams.