Thoughts from Seahawks 20, Titans 18
August, 15, 2010
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Some bullet-point thoughts on the Titans’ 20-18 preseason loss at Seattle on Saturday night.
- Vince Young and the first team offense smoothly moved to a touchdown on the game’s opening possession with a great 28-yard catch and run by fullback Ahmard Hall running behind offensive linemen Jake Scott and Eugene Amano.
- Jason Babin looked to get off the ball very quickly and was disruptive as a first-team pass rusher.
- Brett Kern completed a fourth-down pass on a fake punt to Hall for a successful conversion. Jeff Fisher loves to get a preseason fake on film.
- Jason Jones and Stephen Tulloch both did well to get their hands on passes.
- Young’s last pass was a rollout against his arm (why?) and then a bad decision to throw what turned into an interception by Josh Wilson.
- Chris Simms was shaky in relief of Young. He stepped up to change a call and took a shotgun snap off his body, and it turned into a lost fumble. Simms didn’t get good protection, checking down a bunch, dinking all night and underthrowing Kenny Britt open up the left side on one deep chance.
- On a night when Kerry Collins sat so the Titans could look at Simms and Rusty Smith, Jeff Fisher used veteran Alvin Pearman as the first returner, wasting first-team chances Marc Mariani could have had.
- Stefan Johnson dislocated his right ankle, creating a poignant scene where Fisher and Pete Carroll, Johnson’s college coach, comforted him.