Reading the coverage: Special teams rankings
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
A late look at Rich Gosselin's highly regarded annual special teams rankings: Titans 2, Jags 16, Texans 21, Colts 32. The Colts and Jags have new special teams coaches.
Something else I haven't mentioned yet: Gregg Easterbrook's annual bad predictions review. In the ESPN.com section, that New England over New Orleans Super Bowl pick was mine. Whoops.
- The solution to the Texans' biggest problem isn't going to be available for them at No. 15 and the team should look to outside linebacker instead of defensive end, says John McClain.
- Richard Justice says the Texans could take a public relations lesson from the Astros.
- Assistant special teams coach Richard Hightower is leaving to coach receivers at the University of Minnesota, writes McClain.
- The Colts will let longtime punter Hunter Smith walk in free agency, reports Mike Chappell.
- Free agent to-be Gerald Sensabaugh was arrested for driving with a suspended license, reports Michael C. Wright.
- Maurice Jones-Drew is bracing for a football life without Fred Taylor, says Wright.
- Peter King likes the idea of Fred Taylor in New England. Me too.
- Terry McCormick wonders who will get the Titans' franchise tag: Rob Bironas or Bo Scaife. Here's a partial answer: It won't be Scaife.