AFC South holds lots of committee slots
At the NFL owners' meeting in Dana Point, Calif., NFC West guru Mike Sando says only some of the league's committees, sub-committees and working groups have gathered or will gather.
Still, he provided a nice rundown of his division's presence on those groups that help the league monitor issues, shape policy and make changes.
The Texans have eight slots, the Colts seven, the Titans six and the Jaguars five.
Here's a rundown of the AFC South's representation:
- Competition Committee: Titans coach Jeff Fisher (co-chairman), Colts president Bill Polian, Texans GM Rick Smith
- Subcommittee College Relations: Polian (chairman)
- Coaches Subcommittee: Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio
- General Managers Advisory Committee: Smith
- NFL Security / Fan Conduct: Titans senior executive vice president Steve Underwood
- Finance Committee: Titans owner Bud Adams, Colts owner Jim Irsay, Texans owner Bob McNair, Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver
- Audit Committee: Adams, McNair
- Investment Committee: McNair (chairman), Weaver
- Stadium Committee: McNair
- Business Ventures Committee: Weaver (chairman)
- Hall Of Fame Committee: Adams
- Legislative Committee: Irsay (chairman), Adams
- NFL Charities Board: Jacksonville Jaguars Foundation chair Delores Weaver
- Super Bowl Advisory Committee: Irsay
- CEC Executive Working Group: Polian
- Workplace Diversity Committee: Texans limited partner Javier Loya
- Diversity Committee Working Group: Polian
- Los Angeles Stadium Working Group: McNair