Reading the coverage: Measuring ability vs. need
April, 13, 2009
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
- The Texans need immediate impact from their first-round pick, writes John McClain.
- Sage Rosenfels didn't like Gary Kubiak's yelling. Alan Burge found a story that touches on it.
- Frank Reich tells Reggie Hayes that Peyton Manning wants to be coached.
- Not missing in the first round has been a big part of the Colts' success, says Mike Chappell.
- No. 14 in John Oehser's list of the top 25 picks of the Bill Polian era.
- Undrafted rookies are a big element of how the Colts piece themselves together, says Colts.com.
- "Good players -- no matter the position -- drafted for their ability will help a team more than average ones drafted for need." Colts.com looks more at Polian's draft philosophy.
- In case you missed this, Pat Yasinskas talked with Mike Peterson about a fresh start in Atlanta.