Reading the coverage: Draft talk from all corners
April, 24, 2009
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
- Malcolm Jenkins' speed has been questioned, but the cornerback isn't anxious to be a safety, writes John McClain.
- McClain mulls the Texans' draft options.
- Lance Zierlein's top 100 in the draft.
- The Colts reworked Reggie Wayne's deal somewhere along the way, saving themselves $480,000 in cap space this year, according to coltscap.net.
- Players from Indiana will have to wait a while to hear their names called, writes Jeff Rabjohns.
- Tackles go quickly, says Mike Chappell.
- Punter Hunter Smith signed with Washington, says Chappell.
- The Bleacher Report makes a pick in each of the Colts' draft slots.
- No. 3 on John Oehser's list of the top 25 picks of the Bill Polian era.
- Oehser looks at the draft's safeties.
- Don't read too much into the Colts' recent signings of two former arenafootball2 offensive linemen, says Oehser.
- The Colts issued a statement about the shortfall of funds for the agency that runs Lucas Oil Stadium, says Oehser.
- A look at the Colts at cornerback, from Oehser.
- Gene Frenette looks at the Jaguars' emphasis on character. Also, look for the rail on the left where he grades the team's previous six first-rounders and gives nothing better than a C.
- The Jaguars can't let need influence their top picks too much, says Frenette.
- Frenette looks at five possible scenarios at No. 8.
- An assessment of linebackers, from Michael C. Wright.
- Jaguars draft steals.
- Cole Pepper wants your selection for the Jags at No. 8.
- A trade for a receiver remains on the Titans' radar, but indications are they aren't chasing Anquan Boldin hard, says Jim Wyatt.
- Kevin Mawae tells Gary Estwick his surgically repaired right elbow is on track to be ready for the start of training camp.
- Terry McCormick makes a selection in each of the Titans' 10 spots.
- A look at the draft's top cornerbacks, from Estwick.
- Some Titans visited wounded soldiers, writes Teresa Walker.
- Michael Griffin thinks the Titans are OK at receiver, blogs Wyatt.
- A final look at 2008, in Estwick's blog.