Forecasting RB pecking order for Titans
April, 26, 2009
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
NASHVILLE -- Here's my prediction for the Titans' running back pecking order after the first three games of a five-game preseason this summer:
- Chris Johnson: The once and future king.
- LenDale White: Likely to bust his hump in a contract year and still get a lot of carries in situations favorable to posting impressive statistics.
- Javon Ringer: Picked as a fifth rounder who can carry when needed who will likely take over for White in 2010 but can contribute regularly on special teams in the meantime.
- Rafael Little: Spent last year working his way back from a knee injury he suffered in his final year at Kentucky and could wind up on the practice squad if they can't squeeze him onto the 53-man roster.
- Quinton Ganther: A hard worker who does what's asked but won't be able to climb higher than this to maintain a roster spot or a role if the three veterans ahead of him are healthy.
- Chris Henry: A second-round workout warrior from 2007 when he was drafted 50th overall, who's heading for the waiver wire before the Titans are due to cut him another pay check.