Reading the coverage: Wayne not part of OTA
May, 20, 2009
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
- Brian Cushing worked as the starting strongside linebacker right from the start, says John McClain.
- Gary Kubiak isn't happy that defensive tackle Travis Johnson is unable to participate in OTAs right now, writes McClain.
- Brooke Bentley of houstontexans.com has this video report on the second day of OTAs including Kubiak's thoughts on Dan Orlovsky's progress and health updates on Antonio Smith, Chester Pitts and Johnson.
- Bob McNair indicates roster size and IR are open for reconsideration, writes Mike Reiss (via Alan Burge).
- Lance Zierlein chimes in on Tony Kornheiser.
- Jim Caldwell has added two interns to his coaching staff, reports Mike Chappell.
- A rundown of the guards, from John Oehser.
- Reggie Wayne was the lone missing player at the first OTA but Caldwell has no issue with it, Oehser says.
- Charlie Johnson is recovering from a torn pectoral muscle, writes Oehser.
- Caldwell says the OTAs are about getting ready for training camp, from colts.com.
- Clyde Christensen and Pete Metzelaars will have smooth transitions promises Caldwell, says colts.com.
- Jarret Dillard is helping change the tone among Jacksonville receivers, writes Vito Stellino.
- Low expectations may be good for the Jags, opines Gene Frenette.
- While visiting the Jaguars, union chief DeMaurice Smith says he sees the owners preparing for a lockout, reports Stellino.
- Keith Bulluck was on the field with the Titans at Tuesday's OTA session, blogs Jim Wyatt.