Reading the coverage: Moore, Mudd to consult
We'll be out at Titans organized team activities (OTAs) that are open to the media Thursday and Friday, the first time we'll see the rookies on the field with the veterans.
Thursday will also bring a blog column post on the Texans' safeties.
On to the headlines ...
- Jacoby Jones is taking a more professional approach, writes Megan Manfull.
- Brooke Bentley's OTA notes from houstontexans.com include a link to video and news that Steve Slaton has added nine pounds.
- A look at the roster rules at this time of year from Alan Burge.
- Clark Judge was first to talk to Jim Irsay about plans to bring Tom Moore and Howard Mudd back as consultants.
- Irsay hopes the two assistants are back in time for training camp, but the specifics of the timing are still uncertain, says Mike Chappell.
- The Colts will sponsor the Indiana high school football championships in a move that will keep the games at Lucas Oil Stadium, reports Kyle Neddenriep.
- John Oehser's take on the newest developments regarding Moore and Mudd.
- Irsay talked about more than Moore and Mudd, says Oehser.
- Chappell takes questions and wonders whether signing Dominic Rhodes and drafting a receiver wouldn't have been a better path.
- As part of the Dr. Z benefit, a lunch with Bill Polian at Colts training camp went for $6,460, says Peter King.
- Jim Caldwell talked about his defensive tackles and his new coordinator in this colts.com piece.
- Derek Cox needs look no further than Rashean Mathis for help on making the transition from a small school to the NFL, says jaguars.com.
- Vic Ketchman's thoughts on ticket sales in his most recent mailbag at jaguars.com.