Reading the coverage: Robinson speaks
August, 8, 2009
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
- If the Texans agree not to use the franchise tag on him a second time next year, Dunta Robinson will report immediately, reports Jerome Solomon. If the Texans don't, Robinson still plans on showing in time for the opener.
- Solomon thinks the Texans need to be careful with Robinson.
- Deltha O'Neal knows what he's getting into, says John McClain.
- Players voted to have special-teams practice in the Houston heat instead of the air-conditioned bubble, says Dale Robertson.
- The no wedge rule is a challenge for special-teams coaches, says Alan Burge.
- The Colts are comfortable with change, says Chris Mortensen.
- Peyton Manning's visit with Mortensen.
- Howard Mudd says this is his last season, writes Mike Chappell.
- Marlin Jackson says his knee is feeling better, writes Chappell.
- Larry Coyer talks about why the Colts won't need to be blitz crazy, from John Oehser.
- Peyton Manning speaks, John Oehser sort through it.
- Mudd: "We've got to play better. We have to be a better unit. We're not used to having mediocre performances like we had last year. You can't say, 'Well, it's young guys.' I don't like excuses. Until we play and perform like we're used to performing, we're not going to go anywhere. We know that, so we talk about that. Our veteran guys -- Jeff (Saturday), Ryan Diem and Ryan Lilja, Charlie Johnson -- they all know where we need to be. They were there when we played in the big game (Super Bowl XLI). You want to compete at that level, that's the way you have to play. You sign up to play and that's what you're supposed to do."
- A Friday afternoon practice report from Oehser.
- Phillip Wheeler is getting his chance, says Andy Amey.
- Kelvin Hayden's blogging on the team Web site.
- David Garrard's got to show trust in his receivers, writes Michael C. Wright.
- Jack Del Rio wants situational work for the Jaguars at Saturday night's scrimmage, says Vito Stellino.
- The Jaguars claimed defensive back Don Carey off waivers from Cleveland, says Brad Biggs. Carey has an injured shoulder.
- Vic Ketchman takes questions.
- Wayne Weaver says the Jaguars have to be realistic about ticket sales, says Rich Jones.
- The Jaguars are part of this footballoutsiders.com look at receiver metrics.