Reading the coverage: Hayden, Mouton updates
August, 19, 2009
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
- Safety John Bushing is making his case for a roster spot with his special-teams play, says John McClain.
- Why players wear the numbers they do, according to Jordan Godwin.
- As the Texans greet the Saints, John McClain looks at how far Mario Williams is ahead of Reggie Bush.
- Texas A&M visited the Texans to get some video of Gary Kubiak for a series on the school's legends, says the Chronicle's camp insider.
- The Texans signed two, and waived two injured, says Alan Burge.
- Battleredblog.com feels bad for Sage Rosenfels.
- Kelvin Hayden will miss three weeks or a month with a hamstring injury. Here's Mike Chappell's story and John Oehser's take.
- Peyton Manning would like the first-team offense to play more Thursday night, says Oehser.
- Jim Caldwell is a louder Tony Dungy, writes Dennis Dillon.
- Dallas Clark is back after his fourth concussion in five years, says Chappell.
- A practice report that explains why Ryan Diem was paying tribute to Rick DeMulling, from Oehser.
- Not eligible to play, Eagles quarterback Michael Vick won't be with the team for Thursday night's preseason game in Indianapolis, writes Chappell.
- Punter Pat McAfee is finding ways to overcome his nerves, writes Todd Golden.
- Seven thoughts from Oehser, including this one: Don't panic.
- The Jaguars' hybrid defense experiment remains a work in progress, says Vito Stellino.
- Vic Ketchman delves into the accusation out of Cleveland that the Jags violated an unwritten rule about claiming a player who's waived injured with Don Carey.
- Ryan Mouton's ankle injury is a sprain the Titans plan to treat aggressively, report Jim Wyatt and Gary Estwick.
- Fringe guys are working hard to make the team, but also can't help but think of what's next if it's not football, writes John Glennon. Matthew Mulligan, for example, thinks about training to be a pro wrestler.
- The Titans are steady with Jeff Fisher at the helm, says Chris Mortensen.
- Chuck Cecil showed defensive backs precisely how to tackle without leading with their heads, according to Wyatt and Estwick.
- An updated stock report from Wyatt and Estwick.
- Wyatt's blog entry on receiver Dominique Edison.
- Michael Griffin's debut blog entry for The Tennessean covers fatherhood.