Reading the coverage: Collie's strong case
August, 22, 2009
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Don Banks ranks backup quarterbacks.
- What to make of preseason rip-offs, from the vantage point of Jerome Solomon.
- Expect a quarter and a half for the starters tonight against the Saints, writes John McClain.
- Ten reasons the Texans can make the playoffs, from Richard Justice.
- Former Hurricanes caught up during the Texans and Saints time together, says Jordan Godwin.
- Some game expectations from Alan Burge.
- Austin Collie's strong showing is making the case for him to be the No. 3 receiver, writes Phillip B. Wilson.
- The Colts are evaluating Chad Simpson (shoulder), Mike Hart (ankle) and Matt Giordano (groin) and has yet to determine if any would miss much time, says Wilson.
- A review of Jim Caldwell's game review, from John Oehser.
- Left tackle is a major concern, says Deshawn Zombie.
- A visit to the top preseason theme for the Colts: Preseason results don't mean a whole lot. Tom James' look at it.
- We've already posted the video, but here's Chris Mortensen's write up on the Jags.
- The Jaguars are looking to run it, knowing when they have done it well in the past they've won, says Michael C. Wright.
- Saturday night's game is not on TV in Jacksonville, says Jeff Elliott.
- Storylines to follow as the Jaguars play the Buccaneers, from Wright.
- The third preseason game is the one to look forward to, says Vic Ketchman.
- Don't expect any 2009 sellouts, says Michael David Smith. This picks up on something Vito Stellino wrote recently, saying the team had announced the whole season will be blacked out. He later explained via Twitter that because Wayne Weaver said it, he considered it "announced."
- The Titans were bad on offense and defense as Dallas' first guests in the new stadium, says Jim Wyatt.
- Kevin Vickerson and Tony Brown got fined for plays in the game against Tampa Bay, reports Wyatt.
- Wyatt's look at Javon Ringer before his nice night against the Cowboys.
- Chuck Cecil isn't what you might think, says Pete Prisco.
- The video board issue from Friday night's game prompted this Kuharsky-Matt Mosley collaboration.