Reading the coverage: Two Jags' WRs back
August, 31, 2009
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
- Jerome Solomon says Monday night's preseason game against the Vikings should be a window into the team's soul.
- Sporting News talked with Steve Slaton.
- Twenty-seven Texans will be cut this week and Alan Burge looks at the process.
- Jim Sorgi, who's been out with a hamstring injury, is solid as the Colts' No. 2 quarterback, according to Jim Caldwell. Phil Richards reports.
- John Oehser reviews Saturday's Colts-Lions game.
- On second thought, Caldwell said the interior defense was fine schematically and that the Colts' biggest issue was tackling, writes Oehser.
- Peter King thinks the Colts have a trust issue with Anthony Gonzalez.
- Deshawn Zombie sorts through the Colts' options with third-string QB Curtis Painter.
- Phillip B. Wilson checks in on all things Colts.
- Mike Sims-Walker and Mike Thomas are back to practice. Do they still have time to position themselves to be early-season factors? Vito Stellino considers.
- David Garrard ranks in the middle third of NFL quarterbacks, but could move into the upper this, says Vic Ketchman.
- The Jaguars cut Paul Smith and signed Todd Boeckman as their third quarterback.
- Jeff Fisher says the evaluation process for the return jobs is "a strategic, confidential situation." That's a good thing when it's clear no answer has stepped forward. I bet if and when one does, things will be a lot less confidential. Here's a notebook from Jim Wyatt and Gary Estwick.
- Fisher says Vince Young is the Titans' No. 2 quarterback, writes Wyatt.
- Dateline's piece on Steve McNair runs Monday night on NBC. Here's a preview. Hat tip to Estwick for the link.