Reading the coverage: Favre block 'bush league'
September, 1, 2009
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Lots of AFC South in Pete Prisco's review of his training camp travels.
- The Texans couldn't run it and couldn't stop the run, says John McClain.
- Eric Winston said Brett Favre's crackback on Eugene Wilson was "bush league" but Wilson's knee is OK, says the Chronicle's notebook.
- Dale Robertson assesses the quarterback play against the Vikings.
- Richard Justice didn't see a whole lot of progress.
- The Texans were not ready for prime time, says Alan Burge.
- Travis Johnson was stunned by his trade to the Chargers, says McClain. Check that antennae, Travis, there had been speculation they were looking to move you for about a week.
- Shane Andrus: place-kicker, realist. A look from Mike Chappell.
- Jim Caldwell says starters' time in the preseason finale will be limited, says Mike Chappell. And by limited, I am sure he means nonexistent for a lot of guys.
- John Oehser's ‘magnificent seven' include a reminder not to panic.
- How high up the list of quarterback-receiver TD combinations can Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne go? Oesher answers.
- A comparison of the first two seasons of Anthony Gonzalez to those of Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, from 18to88.com.
- Phillip B. Wilson invites you to pick the final 13 guys who will make the roster.
- Mike Sims-Walker and Mike Thomas are back and trying to regain their footing, says Vito Stellino.
- Terrance Knighton could help the Jaguars get back to Twin Towers status, says Stellino.
- We might actually get a real indicator out of their preseason finale, says Vic Ketchman.
- David Climer wonders about the sliding scale used to judge Vince Young.
- Keith Bulluck and Chris Johnson are in the middle of the craze that has players broadcasting from their computers, writes Teresa Walker. (Thanks to musiccitymiracles.com for pointing us to this link.)
- Five things Jim Wyatt knows about the Titans. He likes Stephen Tulloch's fire and doesn't like the state of the return game.
- Only seven days removed from the season opener, the Titans have to be limited against the Packers, writes Terry McCormick.
- Wyatt was unimpressed with Dateline's piece on Steve McNair and I have to say I am with him.