First look: Texans' depth chart
August, 9, 2011
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
A first look at the Texans' unofficial depth chart gives us these nuggets to consider:
- James Casey is the No. 1 fullback ahead of Lawrence Vickers.
- Derrick Ward is the second running back, followed by Steve Slaton and Ben Tate.
- Shaun Cody is ahead of Earl Mitchell at nose tackle.
- Kareem Jackson is the starting left cornerback with Brice McCain and Brandon Harris behind him.
- Jason Allen is the No. 2 right cornerback behind Johnathan Joseph.
- Fifth-round pick Shiloh Keo is fourth at free safety.
- New linebacker Tim Dobbins is listed fifth in line at middle linebacker, but worked today with the second and third team.
- Trindon Holliday is the front-line punt and kick returner.
- Undrafted Brett Hartmann is listed as the first punter, ahead of veteran Brad Maynard.