Reading the coverage: On crazy finishes in Indy
September, 23, 2009
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com’s Paul Kuharsky
Football Outsiders rates the league through two weeks with its formula: Indy 10, Tennessee 21, Jacksonville 24, Houston 25.
- The Texans have their first chance to start 2-0 in the AFC South, writes John McClain.
- McClain wants to see the Texans follow-up the win with another good performance.
- The Sporting News talks with Andre Johnson.
- Matt Schaub is the AFC Offensive Player of the Week, says McClain.
- A replay of McClain’s chat.
- What did Gary Kubiak say about Cedric Benson? Alan Burge takes a look.
- Crazy finishes are almost becoming commonplace for the Colts, says Mike Chappell.
- Bill Polian expects teams to play the Colts like the Dolphins did, says John Oehser.
- Everyone knew Peyton Manning had a good chance of pulling it out in Miami, writes Phil Richards.
- There was more to the win than Manning, Jim Caldwell reminds us, says Oehser.
- Time for extra scrutiny of the defense from Caldwell, says Richards.
- Bob Kravitz’s report card from the win in Miami.
- Young Colts Pierre Garcon and Donald Brown stepped up in prime time, says Tom James.
- The Jaguars bring back Nate Hughes as a practice-squader, says Michael C. Wright.
- Jay Gray proposed some ways to boost ticket sales.
- Vic Ketchman wants to live the “Salt Life.”
- Mike Nelson likes Jack Del Rio and expects him to be around, but looks at alternatives anyway.
- Dan Wetzel considers the Jags and Jacksonville.