First look: Notes on Colts' depth chart
August, 6, 2012
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
ANDERSON, Ind. -- Some quick notes on the initial, unofficial depth chart provided by the Colts in advance of their preseason opener against the St. Louis Rams. Keep in mind that seniority typically helps a guy get an advantage on paper like this and things can change very quickly.
- Jeff Linkenbach is listed as the starter at left guard over Joe Reitz, though Reitz has worked with the first unit this week.
- The Colts list the offense with both a tight end and an “F,” a move tight end/H-back type. Rookie Coby Fleener is the starting TE while rookie Dwayne Allen is the starting F.
- Reggie Wayne is backed up by LaVon Brazill and Griff Whalen at one receiver spot. Austin Collie is ahead of Donnie Avery and T.Y. Hilton.
- Veteran Mewelde Moore is listed as the No. 2 running back behind Donald Brown, with rookie Vick Ballard third and Delone Carter fourth.
- Cassius Vaughn is the second starting cornerback, ahead of Justin King. But before King missed time recently with a hip flexor, he was working opposite Jerraud Powers.
- Korey Lindsey is second to Powers at right corner.
- Brazill is listed as the first guy at both punt and kick returner, with Hilton behind him.