Reading the coverage: Wheeler to play some end
October, 1, 2009
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com’s Paul Kuharsky
- Nnamdi Asomugha against Andre Johnson is as good a matchup as you can get, says John McClain.
- Richard Justice: Time for someone on defense to step up.
- Jacques Reeves’ hand injury could keep him out Sunday.
- The Raiders are a mess, but Texans fans should be worried, said Alan Burge.
- Roster moves following Chaun Thompson’s injury, from Mark Berman.
- Dwight Freeney claims he’s a fast healer, says Mike Chappell.
- Michael Lombardi wonders what Peyton Manning is worth now.
- The Colts can blow you out or win a close one, says Phil Richards.
- John Oehser considers Reggie Wayne, the possibility of the Colts leading the division wire to wire and Kyle DeVan’s push for the right guard job.
- The Seahawks are likely to be without Matt Hasselbeck and Walter Jones.
- Philip Wheeler could be part of the plan to fill in for Freeney, says Oehser.
- Peyton Manning discusses how important Edgerrin James was to the Colts as the running back prepares to return as a member of the Seahawks, writes Oehser.
- Wayne Weaver on the possibility of playing some in Orlando: "I still believe [the Jacksonville] market is a great NFL market and will be a great NFL market. I don't see this as an opportunity to go play half our games somewhere else. Absolutely not. I see it as an opportunity to play some out-of-market games and develop a market that's close by if the opportunity is right.” Vito Stellino’s story.
- Mike Thomas is a small guy capable of big plays, writes Stellino.
- Maurice Jones-Drew is the AFC offensive player of the week, says Michael C. Wright.
- Vic Ketchman thinks the Titans are a good team that’s found ways to lose.
- Mark Jones is back to work as the returner, writes Jim Wyatt.
- Keith Bulluck says the Titans need a killer instinct, says Terry McCormick.
- Injuries have accelerated the timetables for rookie cornerbacks Jason McCourty and Ryan Mouton, says Gary Estwick.
- Jeff Fisher is joking around and Pacman Jones isn’t coming back, writes Jim Wyatt.
- Even after cutting him, Fisher says he’s not giving up on Chris Henry, blogs Wyatt. Why on earth not?
- Kevin Kaesviharn is familiar with the defense. Audio from Titans Radio.