Reading the coverage: Pollard Texans' third SS
October, 2, 2009
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com’s Paul Kuharsky
- Jacques Reeves broke a finger at practice, had surgery and is out this week, writes John McClain.
- Game 4 features a third starting strong safety for the Texans. Welcome, Bernard Pollard, says McClain.
- A replay of McClain’s chat.
- Why are the Texans giving up long touchdowns? Lance Zierlein hashes it out.
- If Matt Schaub was more colorful, Richard Justice’s job would be easier.
- The last time the Raiders played in Houston, Kerry Collins was the starting quarterback, says Alan Burge.
- Five key matchups from Battle Red Blog.
- A look at the Texans' terrible defense, from Stephanie Stradley.
- Edgerrin James is coming back to Indy as a Seahawk, writes Mike Chappell.
- James helped show Joseph Addai the way, says John Oehser.
- Adam Vinatieri takes the blame for his missed field goals, says Phil Richards.
- The Colts and Seahawks are banged up, says Phillip B. Wilson.
- Oehser’s big game preview.
- Eighteen things to watch for from 18to88.com.
- T.J. Rushing could do double duty as a returner, says Oehser.
- Picks from the Star.
- Young receivers put in a lot of work to get to contributor status, writes Tom James.
- The Jaguars need to be more than just Jacksonville's team, opines Mark Woods.
- The Jaguars are bracing for Tennessee’s ground attack, says Vito Stellino.
- Support for the idea of some games in Orlando from Vic Ketchman.
- Bo Scaife is hoping to provide a boost for the Titans, says Jim Wyatt,
- Chris Johnson will wear some pink to support the cause, writes Wyatt.
- The Titans are right to stick with Collins, writes David Climer.
- Nate Washington addresses the drops, from Titans Radio.
- Craig Hentrich’s injury could mean the end of his long career, says Wyatt.
- Fourth-quarter woes are plaguing the Titans, says Terry McCormick.