Reading the coverage: Smith returns to Arizona
October, 9, 2009
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com’s Paul Kuharsky
Exciting day ahead here at the AFC South Blog. We'll be installing a new hard drive, downloading a ton of stuff, and discovering all the things we're going to be missing after our crash. Yes, we back up. No, we didn't do it lately. Yes, we might take a look at carbonite.com or somesuch. Fun times.
- Antonio Smith is feeling at home as he heads back to Arizona, says Dale Robertson.
- Swine flu has retreated from the Texans, writes Robertson.
- John McClain looks at the Texans-Cardinals matchup.
- Why Dunta Robinson isn’t going to be a safety and why there isn’t anything wrong with the offensive line’s run-blocking scheme, from Lance Zierlein.
- Five key matchups from Battle Red Blog.
- Phil Richards looks at Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie.
- No matter the records, this remains a heated division rivalry, says Phillip B. Wilson.
- Marlin Jackson and Kelvin Hayden don’t look like they will play, says Mike Chappell.
- If you read one thing, make it this thorough primer from John Oehser.
- Another weekly favorite: 18 things to watch for from 18to88.com.
- Oehser on Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders, Tony Ugoh and more.
- The Colts will be ready for anything from the desperate Titans, writes Tom James.
- Chappell takes questions on Jordan Senn, Anthony Gonzalez and the Ring of Honor.
- Coach Jack Del Rio is wary of the wobbly Seahawks, says Michael C. Wright.
- Jags fans should remember the team has benefited from some calls in recent weeks, says Vic Ketchman.
- A demotion will drive Quentin Groves to work harder, says Vito Stellino.
- Fred Taylor had ankle surgery in New England and is out indefinitely, writes Wright.
- The Jaguars are the least popular team in the league, unsurprisingly. Matt Loede points us to it.
- First quarter grades and awards from Jonathan Loesche.
- Gene Frenette wants to see Josh Scobee throw it.
- The 2001 Titans went through a similar downturn, writes Wyatt.
- Nick Harper won’t wear rib protection, write Gary Estwick and Jim Wyatt.
- The Titans could be forced to play Vince Young, says Charles Robinson.
- Officials called a Jaguars TD against the Titans incorrectly, says Chris Burke.
- Jeff Fisher didn’t like the call but admits it was hardly the difference in the game, says Wyatt.
- Kerry Collins keeps fighting, writes Phillip B. Wilson.
- McClain assesses the Titans’ struggles and the possibility of Young getting in the lineup.
- Nashville misses the old Jevon Kearse, says David Boclair.
- The Titans looked at four players before adding Lance Ball to the practice squad, says Wyatt.