Reading the coverage: Moats takes advantage
November, 2, 2009
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com’s Paul Kuharsky
- In many ways, life has never been so good for the Texans, says Jerome Solomon.
- Ryan Moats got the carries with Steve Slaton benched and made the most of it, says Dale Robertson.
- Owen Daniels is out for the year, according to Adam Schefter.
- The defense gave a 60-minute effort, writes John McClain.
- Matt Schaub bounced back from early interceptions, says Robertson.
- McClain’s report card includes a chance for you to grade.
- It’ll be a fun week to be a Texans fan, says Richard Justice.
- A trick play and a big day from Reggie Wayne keyed the Colts’ seventh win, says Phil Richards.
- The Colts won a “grinder,” says John Oehser.
- The offense had a tough time in the red zone, says Mike Chappell.
- Bob Kravitz’s report card.
- Timely defensive plays were a big part of the win, says Phillip B. Wilson.
- Jim Caldwell is the first coach since 1931 to start his career 7-0, says Chappell.
- The 49ers pressured Peyton Manning as well as anyone has in some time, writes Oehser.
- Are the Colts the AFC’s best? Todd Golden asks and ponders.
- Breaking down the game into very small bits and pieces with Deshawn Zombie.
- Lucas Oil Stadium’s roof should never be open, says Demond Sanders.
- Joseph Addai made the most of a quarterbacking opportunity, says Larry Hawley.
- Find a way to fix the inconsistency or you might not be part of next year’s team, says Gene Frenette.
- More shuffling on the offensive line didn’t help protect David Garrard, says Michael C. Wright.
- Jack Del Rio says the defense isn’t translating practice to games, writes Wright.
- How the game was lost, from Wright.
- Reggie Nelson knows he didn’t play well at corner where depth is a concern, says Vito Stellino.
- The run defense killed the Jaguars, says Stellino.
- Three F's on Frenette’s report card.
- The loss was a derailment of hope, says Cole Pepper.
- The line play isn’t there on either side to support a playoff run, says Terry O’Brien.
- Who’s to blame? Brian Fullford sorts through it.
- At least for a day, the Titans and Vince Young were winners again, says Jim Wyatt.
- Bud Adams’ call for Vince Young worked, says David Climer.
- Chris Johnson’s record day sparked the Titans, writes Gary Estwick.
- A gorilla’s off the Titans’ backs, says Joe Biddle.
- Even with a couple of major lapses, the defense looked better, says Jim Wyatt.
- Young thought of Steve McNair during the game, says Wyatt.
- Wyatt’s report card.
- Asked about Jeff Fisher’s job security, Adams pointed to the coach’s contract, writes Terry McCormick.