Reading the coverage: Something fishy with Jerry Porter
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
NFC West blogger and spreadsheet master Mike Sando looked at how we treated the divisions in the power rankings released Tuesday. AFC South teams had an average rank of 12.2, second best in the league to the NFC East (7.4).
Here's the best of what's going on around the division this morning...
- Cornerback Dunta Robinson is off the PUP list and ready to contribute, writes Dale Robertson.
- John McClain looks at some teams whose big wins (like the Texans' victory over Miami) keyed a turnaround.
- Richard Justice sees some improvement in the Texans.
- The Texans released injured offensive lineman Fred Weary, according to McClain.
- Linebacker Tyjuan Hagler is healed and ready to go after spending six week on PUP while rehabbing a torn pectoral muscle, says Phil Wilson.
- The Colts traded for Buffalo defensive tackle John McCargo.
- Something fishy is going on with the Jaguars and Jerry Porter, speculates Cole Pepper.
- Vito Stellino takes a look around the league with a focus on great finishes.
- Five questions with backup quarterback Cleo Lemon.