Reading the coverage: A look at Colts' 2:00 work
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Bryan Pride told me to cut down on the chitter chatter at the top of Reading the coverage and cut to the chase. Who am I to go against his advice? Have to roll with it.
- Dale Robertson looks at the Texans' evolving defensive attitude.
- Texans GM Rick Smith is being named to the NFL's powerful competition committee to fill Matt Millen's seat, reports John McClain. This tells us his job is absolutely safe.
- The Colts have been great in the last two minutes of each half, outscoring opponents 68-22, writes Phil Richards. This story includes a great chart on teams that score the most and allow the most scores in 2:00 drills.
- Bob Kravitz loves Bob Sanders but wonders if the oft-injured safety is worth his big contract.
- This November has been a lot better than last November for Dwight Freeney, writes Mike Chappell.
- A look at Hunter Smith's high school career, from Chappell.
- Jack Del Rio is selling his team on spoiler mode and the history of Soldier Field, writes Vito Stellino.
- Led by Chris Johnson, the Titans' draft class has made a pretty solid contribution, writes Jim Wyatt. With a player-by-player look and commentary from GM Mike Reinfeldt.
- Albert Haynesworth and Cleveland's Shaun Rogers aren't big on comparing themselves to each other, says Gary Estwick.
- Veteran punter Craig Hentrich is still experimenting, says Terry McCormick.