Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Tennessee UFAs to be
By Paul Kuharsky
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
By popular demand, here's the list of the Titans' unrestricted-free-agents-to-be.
| || |
| ||AP Photo/John Russell |
| ||When the dust settles this offseason, Albert Haynesworth could be the richest defender in the NFL. |
They are in rough order of importance, with comments.
We'll give you similar lists for the Texans, Colts and Jaguars soon.
- Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth: In line to be highest-paid defender in football. A critical piece of what the Titans do.
- Quarterback Kerry Collins: The right guy for this team right now, on the field and in the locker room.
- Nickelback Vincent Fuller: Has provided continuity and steady play at a crucial spot.
- Tight end Bo Scaife: A quality target, but could end up being overpriced.
- Kicker Rob Bironas: Big, strong leg has been clutch for the most part.
- Return man/cornerback Chris Carr: Provided a huge boost to return games and was quality depth on defense.
- Punter Craig Hentrich: Has been great for them, but his game had dropped off some and he's talking retirement.
- Offensive lineman Daniel Loper: They like him a lot as a versatile backup.
- Cornerback Eric King: Finished hurt, but provides excellent depth when healthy.
- Wide receiver Brandon Jones: Coming off his steadiest season, but may be a No. 3 at best.
- Quarterback Chris Simms: He likes the team, the team likes him. But the No. 3 job is probably all the Titans can offer.
- Wide receiver Justin McCareins: Hard to imagine they can't or won't upgrade opposite Justin Gage.
- Cornerback Tyrone Poole: A veteran who was added late as insurance but never really needed.
- Cornerback Reynaldo Hill: The team made it clear by hurrying him to IR that he's got no standing left.