Sunday, August 29, 2010
Thoughts on Panthers 15, Titans 7
By Paul Kuharsky
Some bullet-point thoughts on the Titans’ 15-7 preseason loss at Carolina on Saturday night.
- Chris Johnson found virtually no room with 10 yards on eight carries. The Titans have zero doubt that he will be himself once the games have meaning and they are game planning. But a better performance would still be a bit reassuring.
- Vince Young fumbled early when he got hit after a pump fake. Guard Jake Scott saved him with a recovery. This comes after he dribbled the ball off his chest -- which he recovered -- after a pump fake in the Titans win over the Arizona Cardinals last week.
- Carolina rushed the passer very well and the Titans were ineffective at getting in the way. Young was sacked four times and took a couple other note-worthy hits.
- Damian Williams did not do much on three return chances and fumbled as he took a big hit at the end of the final one. The Titans have played three games, he’s played two and I am sure they’d like to have a better feeling about him in game action to this point.
- One third-down conversion for the first team offense in the first half.
- Left tackle Michael Roos left ahead of schedule with what the team said was a mild right knee strain. With Mike Otto recovering from a knee scope, Troy Kropog replaced Roos.