Friday, September 3, 2010
Evening notes from around division
By Paul Kuharsky
Notes from the division on the eve of cut day:
- Jeremiah Johnson has a dislocated toe. The Texans worked out Derrick Ward and Justin Fargas and John McClain just tweeted the team is signing Ward.
- Gary Kubiak said the Texans will start off with two quarterbacks on the roster and that Dan Orlovsky is No. 2. Which means John David Booty is likely heading for the practice squad. The coach also confirmed that Jacques Reeves will be among the team’s cuts.
- Neil Rackers won the kicker job based on his kickoff abilities.
- Safety Dominique Barber (@34dombarber) tweeted that he’s made the roster.
- Jim Caldwell plans to meet with every player the Colts cut, says Phil Richards. Veterans who could be in jeopardy include Gijon Robinson, Keyunta Dawson and Adam Terry.
- I’ve seen not so much as a tidbit.
- Gerald McRath’s four-game suspension begins Saturday at 5 CT. He’s not allowed on the premises for a month after that.
- David Thornton will be placed on the physically unable to perform list and the Titans will be able to better evaluate his bad hip after six weeks, according to Jeff Fisher.
- Fisher said he will not contact cut players until Saturday.