Monday, September 13, 2010
Arian Foster's numbers in context
By Paul Kuharsky
A rundown of all the amazing things we can say aboutArian Foster’s opening day, when he took 33 carries 231 yards and scored three touchdowns:
- Foster’s 231 yards amount to the biggest total a Texans' back has ever posted in the team’s first three games. Steve Slaton had 192 in 2008, Domanick Williams had 188 in 2005 and Williams had 177 in 2004. (ESPN Stats & Info.)
- Foster is first player in NFL history to rush for 200 yards and three touchdowns on Kickoff Weekend. (From @nflfootballinfo.)
- Foster is on pace to run for 3,696 yards and 48 touchdowns. (From @bnickelsun.)
- Foster's 231 rushing yards were the most ever allowed by the Colts from a single back. The previous high was Barry Sanders' 216 in 1997.
- Foster's 231 rushing yards were the second-most ever on opening day. O.J. Simpson had 250 in 1973.
- It was the 23rd-best rushing performance in NFL history. (Texans PR.)
- Foster had 191 rushing yards in the second half. There were 26 teams in the league that totaled fewer rushing yards for the day, with two games remaining. (Texans PR.)