Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Reading the coverage: Manning on Madden cover?
By Paul Kuharsky
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
The Sporting News looks at the top three needs of each team in the division.
- John McClain thinks the Texans will draft Brian Cushing or Clay Matthews, and looks at some questions each will have to answer.
- A Houston perspective on Brian Orakpo, from Megan Manfull.
- Lance Zierlein's top 10 players by position on defense.
- Alan Burge finds Steve Slaton on a list of the top 10 rookies from 2008 (with Chris Johnson on top).
- Peyton Manning is a candidate for the cover of Madden.
- An Indianapolis perspective on James Laurinaitis, from Mike Chappell.
- No. 5 on John Oehser's list of the top 25 picks of the Bill Polian era.
- The Colts did the right thing by letting Dominic Rhodes move on, writes Oehser.
- Oehser finds a report that says the Colts have signed center Kyle DeVan.
- Looks at the Colts' standing at linebacker and safety, from Oehser.
- Polian tells Colts.com about how much harder it is to hit on late picks.
- Torry Holt says he's craftier than he was in his prime, writes Vito Stellino. Holt also says the Titans did not make any sort of substantial offer.
- Mark Sanchez could be the pivotal guy for the Jaguars at No. 8, says Stellino.
- A breakdown of the quarterbacks in the draft, from Michael C. Wright.
- Gene Smith will lean on his scouts and player character, writes Cole Pepper.
- Vic Ketchman of jaguars.com takes questions.
- Stay tuned for the unveiling of the Jaguars modified uniforms Wednesday.
- Chris Johnson has joined the offseason workout program in Nashville and Bo Scaife could be right behind him, reports Jim Wyatt.
- Wyatt looks at defensive tackles from the Titans' perspective.
- GM Mike Reinfeldt talks about the possibility of adding a veteran receiver, but it doesn't sound as if it'll be Anquan Boldin, writes Wyatt.
- Who shouldn't the Titans pick, asks Wyatt.