Monday, June 1, 2009
Reading the coverage: Addai on bounce-back lists
By Paul Kuharsky
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Greetings from Jacksonville. Going to catch up on what's been written about the division. Care to join me?
- Pete Prisco thinks the league should ease up its blackout rules this season.
- Missed this: Pat Kirwan includes Joseph Addai and Travis Johnson on his list of players facing make-or-break years.
- Are you good at spelling sports names? Toni Monkovic has details on how you can try to get into next year's ESPN Zone Sports Spelling Bee.
- Chester Pitts and former Texan Ephraim Salaam were on TV together again, this time on "Wipeout," says Alan Burge.
- Checking in with James Casey's rookie diary at the team's Web site. (Link found through Burge.)
- Who will step forward to be the Colts' third wide receiver? Mike Chappell considers the question.
- Dwight Freeney is happy to be participating in the offseason as opposed to last year when he was coming off an injury, writes John Oehser for the team's Web site.
- Jim Trotter includes Joseph Addai on a list of running backs who need to bounce back from 2008.
- Peyton Manning discussed the importance of organized team acitivities (OTAs), says Oehser.
- Five Colts topics worth review, also from Oehser.
- A rundown of what fans can see at the upcoming public OTA session, from Oehser.
- Special-teams ace Montell Owens is a quality trumpet player too, says Vito Stellino.
- The Jaguars should consider Rex Grossman as a backup quarterback, says Daniel Shanks.
- The dead zone period of the NFL calendar now starts too soon for some list-makers, says Vic Ketchman at the team's Web site.
- Black shoes will be part of the Titans' throwback Oilers uniforms this season, which gives Kerry Collins some chances to wear black shoes again. That evokes memories of his days at Penn State. Also in Jim Wyatt's insider: Cortland Finnegan is helping coach up Lavelle Hawkins and we get a review of Chris Johnson's hands.