Thursday, June 18, 2009
Reading the coverage: An all-AFC South team
By Paul Kuharsky
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
In a study of the best and worst all-time seasons for field goal kickers, Chase Stewart hits Cary Blanchard, Mike Vanderjagt, Dean Biasucci, Al Del Greco and Tony Fritch on the good list and Seth Marler on the bad one.
Before I left Houston, I visited the Oilers' old training facility.
- Jerome Solomon likes what he's seen of Arian Foster so far.
- Jeremiah Johnson is trying to catch up, writes John McClain.
- Kris Brown gets an extension and rookie fourth-round pick Anthony Hill signed, says McClain.
- "There's always been a very high sense of duty to protect the integrity of the game, but I think society has softened its moral concerns about gambling, by virtue of the proliferation of it," Bob McNair told Hannah Karp. "The horse is out of the barn on that one." (Hat tip to Battle Red Blog for the link).
- Gary Kubiak spoke at a Touchdown Club event and Alan Burge was there.