Thursday, July 9, 2009
Reading the coverage: McNair filmed suicide prevention PSA
By Paul Kuharsky
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
In his 10 most intriguing moves of the offseason, Rick Gosselin includes Connor Barwin, Torry Holt and Donald Brown.
- Battle Red Blog wonders what Dunta Robinson would be worth in a trade. (I expect he ultimately signs the franchise offer of nearly $10 million and plays for the Texans this year.)
- DeMeco Ryans talks with texans.com.
- Vic Ketchman of jaguars.com assesses the state of the rest of the division as part of his newest mailbag.
- Steve McNair's jealous girlfriend, Sahel Kazemi, shot him while he slept before killing herself, according to police. Kate Howard's story.
- Audio of the 911 call, courtesy of The Tennessean.
- Details of Thursday's memorial in Nashville, from Janell Ross.
- A slideshow of fans paying tribute to McNair at LP Field, from George Walker IV.
- McNair had recently filmed a suicide prevention public service announcement, reports Ken Whitehouse.
- McNair's larger than life persona brought the case into our homes, writes Joe Biddle.
- "The great thing about Mac was if I called something bad, he'd make me look good,'' offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger told Jim Wyatt."The thing is, for years around here we handed it off to Eddie (George), handed it off to Eddie, handed it off to Eddie and played it close, and then in the last 2 minutes we said, "Steve, go win this game for us.' And he would."
- Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler recalls some work he did with McNair, writes Wyatt.
- Why is infidelity a part of the pro-sports lifestyle for so many, asks David Boclair.
- The arresting officer in Kazemi's DUI told her McNair was not happy with her.
- McNair never laid claim to personal perfection, says Tom Curran.
- We don't know the athletes we worship, writes Mike Freeman.
- McNair's top moments as a Titan, from Terry McCormick.
- Larry Stone recalls how McNair could have been a Seattle Mariner. (Hat tip to USA Today's Game On blog.)
- Jon Runyan reflects on McNair, linked from sportsradiointerviews.com.
- Favorite McNair moments from Phil Simms and Clifton Brown, via Wyatt.
- Jason Lisk ponders Chris Johnson heading into his second year.