Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Reading the coverage: Questioning Myers' status
By Paul Kuharsky
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
- A Richard Justice tweet from about 10:30 a.m. CT: "Texans appear to have suffered first significant injury of camp this morning when C Chris Myers was helped off the field with a leg injury." I've seen nothing further. (He's @richardjustice.)
- Jerome Solomon looks at the story of long shot cornerback Mark Parsons.
- Andre Johnson can get even better, says Jordan Godwin.
- With Chester Pitts recovering from a shoulder issue, Kasey Studdard is getting a chance to show he can play with the starters, writes John McClain.
- Clifton Dawson and Aubrey Bell were cut, says Alan Burge.
- McClain on Glover Quin.
- Jack Del Rio has a survivor mentality, says Gene Frenette.
- The Times-Union's camp observation deck is open.
- John Henderson intends to re-emerge, says Vito Stellino. "I remember it was fun," Henderson said. "We were out there running and jumping and dancing and doing all that great stuff. That's what it was about. I really want to get back to it." Good first steps: hearing him say the right things and reporting at the weight the team wanted.
- The development of the core players will tell the Jaguars' story according to Del Rio, writes Michael C. Wright.
- Vic Ketchman sees Mike Ditka in Tim Tebow.