Thursday, August 6, 2009
Reading the coverage: Brock mourns half-sister
By Paul Kuharsky
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Some teams are cracking down on Twitter.
Bob Kravitz has some opinions on the tweeting issue. I think it's absolutely ridiculous to expect reporters not to use Twitter at a practice that's open to the public when the public is allowed to do it.
- Rex Grossman is working hard to revive his reputation and his career, writes Richard Justice.
- Steve Slaton plans to make a bigger impact on offense, which would be no small thing. Jordan Godwin's story.
- Chris Myers should be ready for the opener and the Texans are looking at veteran defensive backs including Mike McKenzie as well as a couple of running backs, says John McClain.
- Brice McCain is getting a big chance to show his stuff, often against Andre Johnson, says Jordan Godwin.
- McClain expects Dunta Robinson will be a white knight coming to the rescue.
- Justice thinks Gary Kubiak will have a hard time not calling plays.
- A confirmed list of Texans on Twitter.
- Lance Zierlein has the Texans and Titans both finishing 9-7 behind Indianapolis.
- The Texans' practices with the Saints will be open to the public. Details from Alan Burge.
- Rookie coach and Hall of Famer Bruce Matthews dusted off his Elvis impersonation, says Justice.
- Stopping the run seems complicated now, writes Michael C. Wright.
- The Jaguars are finding new ways to get the ball to their playmakers, says Wright.
- Mike Walker has a huge opportunity if he can stay healthy, says Wright.
- Russ Purnell has been in the visiting locker room the Jaguars are using 14 times with other teams.
- A look at the tight ends from Big Cat Country.