Sunday, August 9, 2009
Reading the coverage: Anderson amusing
By Paul Kuharsky
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Coming later Sunday: Parting thoughts from Jacksonville, a mailbag, a look at Vince Young heading into the Hall of Fame Game and notes on the Titans' performance against the Bills.
- Receiver David Anderson provides the Texans with comic relief, says Jordan Godwin. I think it's critical for teams to have guys like Anderson who can keep things light at the most stressful moments.
- Richard Justice says Bruce Matthews is back where he belongs.
- Brian Cushing is trying to stay focused, says Dale Robertson.
- McClain was part of the Blackhawk flyover at the Hall of Fame ceremonies.
- A look at Arian Foster from Alan Burge.
- At battleredblog.com, 66 percent of readers think the Texans shouldn't agree to franchise Dunta Robinson again.
- Howard Mudd returned because he has unfinished business, writes Mike Chappell.
- With Jim Sorgi hurt, there is more work for Curtis Painter, says Chappell. And the defense "won" the Colts scrimmage. Look for Indy to grab a third quarterback to help fill in at camp.
- John Oehser's wrap-up of the first week of camp, and a look at how the scrimmage scoring system was weighted to the defense.
- Stampedeblue.com with scrimmage notes.