Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Reading the coverage: Evaluating Jags
By Paul Kuharsky
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
- The Jaguars weren't pushed around like last year, but managed only three field goals in a loss in Miami, says Vito Stellino.
- Quarterback play and protection were early issues for the Jaguars in Miami, says Michael C. Wright.
- The Jaguars' 3-4 looks weren't very productive against the Dolphins, writes Wright.
- Back to the lab for the Jags, writes Gene Frenette.
- Gene Smith doesn't have a response for an accusation from Cleveland, says Stellino.
- Bigcatcountry.com doesn't think that performance will boost ticket sales.
- "These days, the Jaguars are a decidedly less talented team, on paper. What the team is preaching, however, is that individual responsibility will overcome what talent couldn't do last year as injuries toyed with the team's psyche." Jason Cole on the Jaguars.