Saturday, August 22, 2009
Reading the coverage: Collie's strong case
By Paul Kuharsky
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Don Banks ranks backup quarterbacks.
- Austin Collie's strong showing is making the case for him to be the No. 3 receiver, writes Phillip B. Wilson.
- The Colts are evaluating Chad Simpson (shoulder), Mike Hart (ankle) and Matt Giordano (groin) and has yet to determine if any would miss much time, says Wilson.
- A review of Jim Caldwell's game review, from John Oehser.
- Left tackle is a major concern, says Deshawn Zombie.
- A visit to the top preseason theme for the Colts: Preseason results don't mean a whole lot. Tom James' look at it.
- We've already posted the video, but here's Chris Mortensen's write up on the Jags.
- The Jaguars are looking to run it, knowing when they have done it well in the past they've won, says Michael C. Wright.
- Saturday night's game is not on TV in Jacksonville, says Jeff Elliott.
- Storylines to follow as the Jaguars play the Buccaneers, from Wright.
- The third preseason game is the one to look forward to, says Vic Ketchman.
- Don't expect any 2009 sellouts, says Michael David Smith. This picks up on something Vito Stellino wrote recently, saying the team had announced the whole season will be blacked out. He later explained via Twitter that because Wayne Weaver said it, he considered it "announced."