Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Saturday is top 60 on NFL Network list
By Paul Kuharsky
We’ve not checked in on the NFL Network’s top 100 players countdown. It’s a good time now as Jeff Saturday will be one of the 10 players unveiled as ranked between No. 51-60 in the next installment.
Peyton Manning offers the commentary presenting Saturday, the second of six Colts who will be on the final list.
The newest episode airs Sunday at 8 pm ET, 7 p.m. CT. An hour later there is a reaction show.
With six players on the list, the Colts are the second-most represented team along with the Baltimore Ravens and the Dallas Cowboys.
Here is the list that has been revealed so far, with their presenters in parentheses. AFC South players are in bold.
100. Donovan McNabb – Washington Redskins (Brian Westbrook)
99. Chad Clifton – Green Bay Packers (Jon Gruden)
98. Darren McFadden – Oakland Raiders (Maurice Jones-Drew)
97. Shaun Phillips – San Diego Chargers (Kirk Morrison)
96. Nick Collins – Green Bay Packers (Dom Capers)
95. Jon Beason – Carolina Panthers (John Fox)
94. Frank Gore – San Francisco 49ers (Takeo Spikes)
93. Eric Berry – Kansas City Chiefs (Todd Haley)
92. Lance Briggs – Chicago Bears (Mike Martz)
91. Terrell Owens – Cincinnati Bengals (Brandon Marshall)
90. Joe Flacco – Baltimore Ravens (John Harbaugh)
89. Adrian Wilson – Arizona Cardinals (Ken Whisenhunt)
88. Vernon Davis – San Francisco 49ers (Takeo Spikes)
87. Jordan Gross – Carolina Panthers (John Fox)
86. Josh Freeman – Tampa Bay Buccaneers (John Abraham)
85. Jason Babin – Tennessee Titans (Jim Washburn)
84. Josh Cribbs- Cleveland Browns (Pat Shurmur)
83. Mike Williams – Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Josh Freeman)
82. LaMarr Woodley – Pittsburgh Steelers (Damien Woody)
81. B.J. Raji – Green Bay Packers (Shaun O’Hara)
80. Jared Allen – Minnesota Vikings (Leslie Frazier)
79. D’Brickashaw Ferguson – New York Jets (Brian Schottenheimer)
78. Dallas Clark – Indianapolis Colts (Jon Gruden)
77. Chris Snee – New York Giants (Shaun O’Hara)
76. Santonio Holmes – New York Jets (Rex Ryan)
75. Jay Ratliff – Dallas Cowboys (Tom Coughlin)
74. Greg Jennings – Green Bay Packers (Mike McCarthy)
73. Trent Cole – Philadelphia Eagles (Andy Reid)
72. Tony Romo – Dallas Cowboys (Jason Garrett)
71. Mario Williams – Houston Texans (Gary Kubiak)
70. Miles Austin – Dallas Cowboys (Jason Garrett)
69. John Abraham – Atlanta Falcons (Josh Freeman)
68. Antrel Rolle – New York Giants (Calais Campbell)
67. Brian Waters – Kansas City Chiefs (Takeo Spikes)
66. Richard Seymour – Oakland Raiders (Romeo Crennel)
65. Vonta Leach – Houston Texans (Kirk Morrison)
64. Tamba Hali – Kansas City Chiefs (Osi Umenyiora)
63. Cameron Wake – Miami Dolphins (Tony Sparano)
62. Jerod Mayo – New England Patriots (Bill Belichick)
61. Brandon Marshall – Miami Dolphins (Jon Gruden)
The list makes for good conversation. But that players deemed McNabb worthy of a spot in the top 100 automatically put into question their qualifications to vote effectively.