Monday, September 14, 2009
Reading the coverage: Week 1 review edition
By Paul Kuharsky
Posted by ESPN.com’s Paul Kuharsky
Don Banks hits on Colts and Texans in "Snap Judgments."
- Given the context, the Texans may have played the worst game in their history, says John McClain.
- “It's not just that they lacked toughness or smarts or resolve. It's that they lacked all those things,” says Richard Justice.
- Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton were non-factors while Matt Schaub was ineffective, says Dale Robertson.
- The Jets were too good on third down and in time of possession, writes David Barron.
- Gary Kubiak takes the blame but Chester Pitts says he shouldn’t, says Robertson.
- The Texans looked intimidated, blogs McClain.
- Kubiak said Schaub wasn’t himself, says Richard Justice.
- Justice wasn’t crazy about Dunta Robinson’s shoe message or the bigger Slaton.
- Texans football is soft as butter, says Lance Zierlein.
- The bully Jets beat up the weakling Texans, writes Alan Burge.