Thursday, September 17, 2009
Reading the coverage: Jax mayor pushing tickets
By Paul Kuharsky
Posted by ESPN.com’s Paul Kuharsky
- Dunta Robinson was fined for the message on his shows Sunday against the Jets, says John McClain.
- Kyle Shanahan makes an appearance in this look at young coaches and the box listing some up-and-comers by Jeff Chadiha.
- Stay calm about Steve Slaton, says Clifton Brown.
- The Texans signed running back Anthony Alridge to their practice squad, dropping linebacker Buster Davis, says McClain.
- Indy worked out three receivers Tuesday according to Adam Schefter: D.J. Hackett, David Patten, and Chad Jackson.
- Anthony Gonzalez will be out a month with a sprained right knee ligament, reports Chappell.
- Larry Coyer gives the Colts all sorts of blitz possibilities, says Mike Chappell.
- The Colts added Ed Johnson back to their active roster, writes Chappell.
- A look at seven key Colts topics, including what’s up at receiver, Johnson’s return and the team’s new willingness to blitz, from John Oehser.
- A return trip to Miami will bring Super Bowl memories for some, says Tom James.
- Jacksonville mayor John Peyton’s plugging Jaguars tickets, says Michael C. Wright.
- The Jags aren’t sure blackout news will spur ticket sales, says Gene Frenette.
- Criticism comes with the job according to David Garrard, writes Vito Stellino.
- In case you missed Wednesday’s comments from Wayne Weaver about Tim Tebow, they’re linked inside my reaction.
- Another take on what Tebow could mean in Jacksonville, from Jonathan Loesche.
- A team Q&A with Maurice Jones-Drew.
- David Garrard agrees with Jack Del Rio: He should have played better. Vic Ketchman’s story from jaguars.com.
- Ketchman takes a swipe at football technical talk and I’m with him on this one for sure.
- The trial of the man charged with shooting Richard Collier has been postponed, says the Times-Union.