Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Reading the coverage: Garcon a key development
By Paul Kuharsky
Posted by ESPN.com’s Paul Kuharsky
- John Clayton sorts through the AFC South.
- Brian Burke looks at game probabilities for Week 4. AFC South chances to win: Indy 87 percent; Houston 68 percent; Jacksonville 51 percent against Tennessee (49 percent).
- As bad as they’ve been, the Texans have allowed fewer yards each week, writes John McClain.
- Jerome Solomon looks at just how important this one is for Gary Kubiak.
- Third-down defense gets this look over from Dale Robertson.
- Kubiak is talking about making changes on defense. McClain asks which ones you want to see.
- Breaking down the stats so far, with Alan Burge.
- Battleredblog.com questions Kubiak’s clock management. Sure you want to score with as little time left as possible, but it can’t be priority No. 1. You can’t generally control when you punch it in, when you have to be concerned with making sure you punch it in.
- Mike Chappell’s source says Dwight Freeney will miss three weeks and two games.
- Five key early season developments include smooth transitions, the emergence of Pierre Garcon and a return to form for Joseph Addai.
- Chappell takes questions, including one about Philip Wheeler.
- Jeff Fisher deserves a delay of game flag for Tuesday’s roster moves, opines David Climer.
- Fisher’s in no trouble, says Peter King in his mailbag.
- The Titans make roster moves, including adding Mark Jones and putting Craig Hentrich on IR, says Gary Estwick.
- Five things Jim Wyatt knows about the Titans.
- Cary Williams was signed to the practice squad.
- The Titans also looked at veteran cornerbacks Rod Hood, Eric Green and Dante Hughes and safeties Kevin Davis and Keith Lewis, says Terry McCormick.