Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Blogger mock: Keenan Allen to Texans
By Paul Kuharsky
Before making my pick on behalf of the Houston Texans, I talked with Philadelphia about a trade. (Everyone did, Dan Graziano was dying to deal in to the bottom of the first but wouldn’t part with enough.)
I do think the Texans could look to trade down to a team wanting a quarterback before the needy teams come around again in the second round. Then Houston could get its receiver early in the second round instead of late in the first.
I didn’t get a good enough offer to move, so I stayed put and stayed with priority one: a receiver to play opposite Andre Johnson and help the Texans be less dependent on their No. 1 guy.
Keenan Allen has nice size and sufficient speed and quickness, and even if he doesn’t grow into Johnson’s successor, I believe Allen can be a quality No. 2 receiver. The question is how quickly?
Gary Kubiak and the staff will work hard to get him up to speed and he could do some things in their offense right from the start.
The draft so far:
1. KC: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2. JAC: Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
3. MIA: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan (Trade)
4. PHI: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
5. DET: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
6. CLE: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
7. ARI: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
8. BUF: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
9. NYJ: Barkevious Mingo, OLB-DE, LSU
10. TEN: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
11. SD: Jonathan Cooper, G, UNC
12. OAK: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU (Trade)
13. NYJ: Tavon Austin, WR, WVU
14. CAR: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
15. NO: Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
16. STL: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
17. PIT: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
18. DAL: D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
19. NYG: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
20. CHI: Alec Ogletree, OLB, Georgia
21. CIN: John Cyprien, S, FIU
22. STL: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
23. MIN: Sylvester Williams, DT, UNC
24. IND: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
25. MIN: D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston
26. GB: Johnathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia
27. HOU: Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
Follow our draft as it continues to unfold, right here.