Friday, October 10, 2008
Reading the coverage: Walker vs. Marshall is battle of close friends
By Paul Kuharsky
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Friday at last. Always a good day to hit the mailbag. Houston Texans
- Kelvin Hayden is considering surgery on his right knee. The Colts offered no timetable beyond him missing this week. He hurt the knee when he stepped on a seam at Reliant Stadium and Marlin Jackson complained about the field.
- Peyton Manning would have liked to have been a part of a Colts-Giants game at Yankee Stadium this year to commemorate the 50th anniversary of "The Greatest Game Ever Played," writes Phil Richards. I don't see how the NFL could have forced it considering they aren't on each other's scedule this year.
- Dwight Freeney usually talks on Thursdays. Injured Colts usually don't talk. Freeney (hamstring) didn't talk yesterday. Phillip B. Wilson wonders what it means for the Ravens game.
- Jim Sorgi was a multisport athlete as a kid, says Chappell.
- Best friends from their time together at Central Florida, Jaguars receiver Mike Walker and Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall play against each other Sunday, writes Michael C. Wright.
- Defensive coordinator Gregg Williams "scoffed at the perception that his blitzing style of defense doesn't fit the Jaguars' personnel or even that they're doing a lot more blitzing than in the past," according to Vito Stellino.
- Gene Frenette breaks down Williams' press conference.
- Matt Jones still has some maturing to do, says Cole Pepper.
- Rookie receiver Lavelle Hawkins is making too many mistakes to get into the mix, according to Jim Wyatt.
- Trouble for Adam "Pacman" Jones in Dallas could impact the Titans draft picks.