Friday, October 31, 2008
Reading the coverage: Johnson shines in October
By Paul Kuharsky
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Good morning, AFC South. Let's have a look around before we put on our costumes and commence trick-or-treating. I hear you're giving away full-sized Snickers. Very generous. I may revive my Dr. Evil outfit.
- The injuries keep coming: Marlin Jackson is done for the year, writes Mike Chappell.
- Matt Cassel's been sacked a bunch, but Indy's pass rushers expect he'll get rid of the ball in a hurry Sunday night, says Phil Richards.
- Bob Sanders is ready and able to return, according to Chappell.
- In a distinguished career, Richard Seymour has never sacked Peyton Manning, Phillip B. Wilson writes.
- Wilson looks at Matt Cassel's improbable story.
- Two Manning brothers look back at a botched touchdown in high school, says Chappell.
- The GMs of the Titans and Packers are old teammates and long time friends, writes John McClain.
- Albert Haynesworth will miss Brett Favre when the Titans play the Packers, writes Jim Wyatt.
- Brandon Jones still thinks about what could have been if he played baseball, says Gary Estwick.
- Haynesworth makes Phillip B. Wilson's list of five potential MVPs.