Thursday, December 11, 2008
Reading the coverage: Is Schaub on path to elite?
By Paul Kuharsky
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
Never mind further ado. Without any ado, here's what's been written about the AFC South this morning...
- In the last month, Steve Slaton is the NFL's most prolific running back, writes Megan Manfull.
- Jerome Solomon says Houston just may be witnessing the development of an elite NFL quarterback in Matt Schaub.
- Schaub won AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance in Green Bay, writes Manfull.
- It's the defense that's revived the Colts' season, writes Phil Richards.
- Bob Kravitz calls on the Colts and those who run the building to do the right thing. Lucas Oil Stadium should not be cost prohibitive for high school championships.
- Joseph Addai has a bad right shoulder, but Dominic Rhodes is ready to step in if needed, says Mike Chappell.
- The Colts' desire is to stay at the head of the wild card line, according to Chappell.
- Jags sign two after Greg Jones goes on IR. Michael C. Wright provides the details.
- Fred Taylor could be next in line for IR for the black cloud Jags, says Vito Stellino.
- Slaton is the only running back to top 100 yards against the Titans this season, says Jessica Bliss.
- Joe Biddle praises the Titans' work in red zone offense.
- Michael Roos isn't so sure he hasn't given up a sack, writes Gary Estwick in his notes.
- Has "Smash and Dash" become "Smash and Grab," asks Estwick.
- Another take on the "Smash and Dash" debate, from Terry McCormick.
- Kyle Vanden Bosch's status is up in the air again, writes McCormick in his notes.