AFC South: Richard Bartell
September, 8, 2009
By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com’s Paul Kuharsky
- Another .500 season won’t get it done for the Texans, says Dale Robertson.
- The Texans get a two-week roster exemption for Dunta Robinson, says John McClain.
- Lance Zierlein has no problem with Robinson starting right away and neither do I.
- The Jets will be a major challenge for the Texans, writes Alan Burge.
- Eric Winston is the line AFC South player on Vinnie Iyer’s All-Breakout Team, and like a lot of the guys on here, I believe Winston has already broken out.
- Battleredblog.com thinks DeMeco Ryans needs to be paid.
- The Colts' most recent move -- it appears Tyjuan Hagler will start ahead of Phillip Wheeler at strongside linebacker -- is further evidence of this: “When the Colts make decisions on who starts -- and even who makes the team -- where or even if a player was drafted just doesn't matter,” writes John Oehser.
- Jerraud Powers could be in line to start the opener with injuries to Kelvin Hayden and Tim Jennings, says Mike Chappell.
- Jordan Senn was released to make room for special-teams ace Aaron Francisco. He and the other newcomer, Cody Glenn, are preparing for their first games, says Phil Richards.
- Oehser hits on some of what Jim Caldwell is saying as the Colts prepare for Jacksonville.
- Marlin Jackson will start out working only in the nickel to allow him to return to full speed at the proper pace, writes Oehser.
- The timetable for Bob Sanders is up in the air, says Tim James.
- Deshawn Zombie does nice work here explaining why he dislikes the offseason so much, and it’s an opinion I strongly agree with. “There is simply too much talk about players we know nothing about,” he says.
- A run through of whether the Colts are better or worse unit by unit, from Zombie.
- No news, no ruse on Maurice Jones-Drew’s bruise, says Vito Stellino.
- Jones-Drew didn’t like the hit by Fred Smoot that left him with a shin bruise.
- The Jags added Richard Bartell to their practice squad, giving them a third quarterback for practice.
- Pay the quarterback, the stars and the first-rounders, get everything else on the cheap says Vic Ketchman of jaguars.com.
- LenDale White said his talk is for entertainment value and that he’s actually a soft guy, writes Gary Estwick.
- Nate Washington returned to practice, but his status for Thursday remains in doubt, says Jim Wyatt.
- Wyatt analyzes the decision to keep three quarterbacks. Jeff Fisher can say the decision to keep Patrick Ramsey has nothing to do with Vince Young, but how could it not?
- There is a chance Cortland Finnegan returns punts in Pittsburgh, says Wyatt.
- Links from Titans Radio to Chris Johnson and Kerry Collins talking about preparations for the Steelers.
- Mark Jones failed a physical in Carolina.
BACK TO TOP