AFC South: Seth Marler
Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
In a study of the best and worst all-time seasons for field goal kickers, Chase Stewart hits Cary Blanchard, Mike Vanderjagt, Dean Biasucci, Al Del Greco and Tony Fritch on the good list and Seth Marler on the bad one.
Before I left Houston, I visited the Oilers' old training facility.
- Jerome Solomon likes what he's seen of Arian Foster so far.
- Jeremiah Johnson is trying to catch up, writes John McClain.
- Kris Brown gets an extension and rookie fourth-round pick Anthony Hill signed, says McClain.
- "There's always been a very high sense of duty to protect the integrity of the game, but I think society has softened its moral concerns about gambling, by virtue of the proliferation of it," Bob McNair told Hannah Karp. "The horse is out of the barn on that one." (Hat tip to Battle Red Blog for the link).
- Gary Kubiak spoke at a Touchdown Club event and Alan Burge was there.
- Jim Caldwell expects a fine year from Joseph Addai, says John Oehser.
- An assessment of the running backs and offensive line, from Oehser.
- Stampede Blue picks an all-AFC South team while keeping costs under control. A solid squad, though I'd argue that it's got to include David Stewart or Eric Winston at right tackle no matter their price.
- With Cleo Lemon set free, Todd Bouman is set as the No. 2 quarterback, writes Vito Stellino.
- The Jaguars introduced a new payment plan option for 2010.
- Tony Brown could move to the right side of the interior defensive line, say Jim Wyatt and Gary Estwick.
- Vince Young comments on his comments. He needed to vent, reports Wyatt.
- Keith Bulluck says VY "has my respect as a teammate and a friend," reports Terry McCormick.
- Wyatt wonders about Young's timing.
- DeMarcus Faggins is settling in, says Estwick.
- Kevin Dyson has joined the team as a coaching intern, writes Estwick.
- Bulluck chatted on NFL.com.